We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic Caretaker to look after vacant rooms and the communal area of hostels. Jobs will include cleaning, maintenance and decoration of rooms while also carrying out any minor repairs.
- Undertake regular inspections of our homeless hostels including all internal & external areas
- To assist with the day to day management of our homeless properties
- Ensure that our homeless properties comply with current and future legislation; adheres to and maintains policies and procedures to ensure that, and fulfills our statutory Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure high standards are achieved in our homeless properties through delivery of services
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of maintaining, decorating and cleaning of domestic properties, including knowledge and experience of providing minor repairs and maintenance.
- Experience of gathering and storing information using IT systems such as phones, tablets, cameras and PDA’s
- Ability to keep accurate records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Have excellent communication skills with strong customer focus and an ability to understand the needs and perceptions of customers.
- Be flexible with the ability to work on own initiative to tight timescales.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, taking responsibility for good communication with team members and a positive approach to solving problems
- Driving License
This is a 6 month part time, contract role.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for our job adverts we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
One To One Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment solutions provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers.