This organisation owns and manages a diverse range of properties within the city of Gloucester. These properties range from historic listed buildings, public buildings and car parks.
We are seeking a knowledgeable building professional to assist in the provision of repairs and maintenance services to numerous buildings, car parks and open spaces.
Working as a part of the asset management team the individual will provide a building surveying service to assist in the ongoing maintenance, ensuring building compliance, and contributing to the ongoing asset planning process.
The following are keys skills and experience required of the candidate:
- Good customer care skills. The candidate will be working with staff providing front line services to the public.
- Internal team working skills to liaise with team members in asset management
- Good technical knowledge across a range of building types to enable the diagnosis of building defects, and preparation of specifications and schedules of work
- Site management experience to manage works on site. Including:
– Management of Health and Safety
– Contractor management to ensure quality of works and adherence to budget
– Carry out pre and post inspections
– Maintain site records, and contract administration documentation
- Ensure compliance against a range of activities within the building stock. Read and understand technical documentation such as electrical or asbestos reports
- Stock condition surveys. As time allows carry out a stock condition survey of properties to enable forward planning
- Can do attitude with a flexible approach to get the job done
- Creative thinker. Come up with ideas and solutions to problems
- Team player, but comfortable working independently
- Experience in building surveying, specifically repairs and maintenance
- Good understanding of health and safety
- Experience of managing contractors
- IT literate, using typical Microsoft packages
- Sufficient to evidence experience and knowledge through CV and interview
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
One To One Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment solutions provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers