We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Graphic and Web Designer to work a full-time permanent position based in Gloucester.
Purpose: To maximise profitability and customer satisfaction by meeting customers’ design and artwork requirements by producing quality work efficiently, cost effectively and within customer deadline.
- Plan and produce design, artwork to meet both the requirements of the customer within agreed deadlines.
- Meet clients to identify their needs, discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job and liaise regularly with them to finalise project within timeframe.
- Develop design briefs that suit the client’s purpose for web/digital and/or print
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and develop interactive design.
- Design sample web page layouts including text size and colours.
- Design graphics and manipulate digital photographs.
- Estimate the time required to complete the work and providing timeframes to sales quotes for clients.
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and work on layouts ready for print;
- Edit content, debugging code and re-designing web pages. Test website to ensure it is working.
- Configure and output supplied digital files accurately and within agreed deadlines.
- Ensure amendments and additions to artwork are correctly and swiftly actioned.
- Ensure that final artwork is within the production capabilities or to outside suppliers’ specification.
- Research current design trends, continue professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
- Working as part of a team with other departments, liaise with and accurately brief suppliers, as well as copywriters, photographers, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketing specialists. Commissioning illustrators and photographers where needed.
- Liaise with production staff to ensure seamless computer-to-plate operations.
- Take responsibility for following up proofs.
- Ensure that any necessary paperwork is completed and signed as appropriate.
- Assist with any other part of the business as required.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for our job adverts we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
One To One Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment solutions provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers.