- Ensure that every tenant is able to identify and minimise housing risk within their environment by completing a comprehensive housing based risk assessment which is reviewed regularly with progress against outcomes reported.
- Assist with the delivery of housing management functions to ensure that tenants receive an excellent housing service, supporting and enabling tenancy sustainment.
- Manage the facilities within sheltered housing ensuring required compliance and monitoring is in place as per service need.
- Work effectively with other teams and relevant external agencies to maximise the health and wellbeing of all sheltered housing tenants.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working with older and vulnerable people and a good understanding of the problems associated with old age and the services and benefits available.
- Understanding Adult safeguarding, to be able to identify possible signs of abuse and deal with such matters appropriately, sensitively and professionally in line with current policy and procedure.
- The ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with frail and vulnerable people and a wide range of support services and agencies, showing an understanding and commitment to equal opportunities, customer care and anti-poverty.
- Excellent experience of using IT systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills with a strong customer focus and an ability to handle difficult situations sensitively.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Be able to work under pressure, dealing with emergency and challenging situations calmly and effectively
- Have the ability to prioritise work and have excellent time management skills.
- A knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation relating to the work place and sheltered housing