We are looking for an enthusiastic Paralegal with experience of handling a variety of sale and purchase transactions with the support and supervision of a dedicated Fee Earner and supported by a Legal Assistant. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) updating clients and introducers on the progress of matters, supporting the Fee Earner with all aspects of raising and responding to enquiries, ordering searches, interrogate responses and reporting to clients as well as dealing with pre-exchange and completion issues. You will have knowledge of the sales, purchase and re-mortgage process and be able to run a caseload of sales files with appropriate supervision.
The successful candidate must possess a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths. A law degree (ideally 2:1 or above) or an equivalent law qualification is highly desirable but not necessarily a barrier to employment. In addition, individuals will:
- Have experience of working within a law firm environment with prior residential conveyancing or wider property exposure.
- Have previous experience of working within a service driven team environment.
- Be competent with operating IT systems including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be driven to deliver all tasks in a timely manner and have proven experience of working under pressure.