The main purpose of this role is to lead, manage and provide an effective, and independent professional financial support service.
The key objectives are to introduce and develop commercial accounting practices, and appropriate management information, which will enable services to function in a more business- like manner.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide strategic financial management advice and support
- Work directly with Heads of Service on a range of specific projects that have a strategic effect on the service and its performance
- Provide advice on financial and commercial aspects of contracts, pricing, specification, negotiation, outputs, scoring mechanisms, revenue targets, and advice on the development of new business.
- Provide strategic financial and operational management support
- Conduct strategic financial reviews
- Co-ordinate financial advice and support
- Interpret statistical service data, both financial and non-financial
- Contribute to the development, design and implementation of data systems and other financial systems as appropriate
- Define the financial framework, its processes and controls, for each service
- Direct line management of financial support team(s)
- Ability to manage teams
- Ability to support staff under constant pressure to meet deadlines and complete tasks
- Commercial management accounting expertise
- Experience working at a senior level advising senior management on commercial issues.
- Financial management including budget preparation and accounts close down
- Excellent ability to network, persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Finance ICT
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret large amounts of information and translate into strategic aims.
- Commercial management accounting
- Professionally qualified accountant (CCAB), or equivalent experience
- Numerate & Literate
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for our job adverts we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
One To One Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment solutions provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers