We have a position for a full time Quality Manager based in Cheltenham and Gloucester. A background in the Manufacturing industry is essential for this role.
You must be confident in leading investigations into Non-Conformance’s, support business and departmental needs.
To ensure that Plant Quality is working towards its business objectives and continuously improving the product, customer service, production support and capability along with developing the Quality team members.
- Robust Root Cause Analysis to problem solving – tools and techniques, 5 Why and 8D Analysis, adopt new process adherence and surveillance measures via the press through good Quality Engineering practices
- Identify, conduct or support continuous improvement actions, Genesis activities when required
- Lead ISO 9001 internal and external audits
- Ensure the BMS is maintained to the correct level (across all sites)
- Be prepared to Cross Audit UK sites with UK Compliance Team
- Support die transfer activities between sites
- Verify customer – internal and external concerns – customer liaison / visits. Approve/contest Returns/Claims according to facts
- Verify daily press reports based on die, failure mode and weights – progress improvement action plans
- Follow up first run, dimensional reports and customer specific paper work (ISIR/PSW/IMDS)
- Identify training requirements of the department, update training matrices
- Carry out and progress annual appraisals for the department
- Report Monthly / Quarterly quality figures complete with action to address, update claims database
- Manpower planning for holidays and absence
- Raise Purchase Orders when required
- Support Sales/Engineering with tech support on products and specifications
- Achievement of claims KPI’s
- Ensure personal safety is paramount along with the safety of others
- 3-5 years working as a Quality Manager/Engineer in a Manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing background essential
- Good English skills both orally and written
- Good level of MS office and IT competence
- Ideally Degree/HND in an Engineering discipline
- Good financial awareness
- Organised and structured way of working
- Lead a team of quality engineers and Testers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good work ethic and drive to complete on time
- Driving licence and confidence to travel outside of the UK is essential
- 2 Direct Reports in Quality Engineering and Test
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for our job adverts we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
One To One Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment solutions provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers.